Thursday, May 19, 2016

Spring Madness

Not too long ago, my Baby Boy was sitting at deaths' door.  He lost a quarter of his weight, wasn't eating, wasn't moving, always sleeping and keeping to himself.  It's a horrible story about coming to mistrust in doctors that I don't really want to get into right now.  But it all started a downward spiral.  I am happy to announce that Astraeus is doing much, much better!  He's back to his chipper self, with the exception of some feather loss.  He's singing and carrying on, he's excited to see people again, and he has gained back all the lost weight!



After this ordeal, it was great that the weather was warm and the sun was high in the sky!  John & I took a good friend and his lady out to Nockamixon State Park for a round of disk golf.  It turned into nature adventure!  We saw frogs, toads, butterflies, snakes, and turtles throughout our hike of the back nine.


Then the weather turned cold and rainy again.  I'm not going to complain, this is standard for Spring in my neck of the woods.  Even though it's expected, it can get you down to a place where you don't want to leave the comfort of your blanket on the couch in front of the tele.  It was a tough week of struggling to find the motivation to move!  Life happens sometimes in a way we don't like.  This past couple weeks felt like everything was working against me.  However, I did make some progress towards goals and I need to celebrate them, no matter how small.  

THAT is how we survive, by celebrating any reason we can think of.  I took some online webinars about running a photo business.  I finally ordered business cards!  We watched Deadpool for the second and third time ;)  I cuddled with my boys, Astraeus and Smokey.  I sold my last in-stock large canvas print!  I made a To-Do List so I can track my progress, and feel more accomplished in working towards my goals.  


I have an amazing support system, especially my John.  Everyone needs to have one person who will be there to tell you that things will get better.  If you don't, you just haven't realized it.  Think about who you know and how they make you feel.  I bet that one person will stick out for happiness, or for great advice.  I also have a great mom.  I know I can call her any time, day or night for whatever emergency I have.  She makes time to be there for me when I need her.  I am lucky and grateful.  

If you still don't know who you can turn to when you need encouragement, please feel free to turn to me.  Or at least to a Facebook Group I admin: Saving Someone, One Talk at a Time.  This crazy weather gets us all from time to time.  If you need a support person, we are around.  You need only ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment