Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Getting Started

I grew up with a love of art and creating art.  For a long time my passions were drawing and painting.  My parents always fostered and nurtured my creativity and urged me to continue with my art.  They always told me I could be whatever I wanted to be when I grew up, even an artist.

But there were too many things I wanted to try and do and see, so I struggled for a long time with finding myself and a path for life that would be happy.  I have had many adventures along the way to where I am now.

Among them was my move to Chicago, IL to attend Harrington College of Design for a degree in Digital Photography.  I graduated with an AAS in August of 2011.  I was about to be turning thirty.

By this time I had spent several years away from my family, and when I graduated with my degree I decided to move back to Pennsylvania and cultivate my family relationships.  I wanted my niece and nephew to know me, and I wanted to know them!

With bills needing to be paid, and struggling to find employment in my field near my family, I settled for a job outside of photography after four months.  I threw myself into my new work, striving for success and advancement.  I did advance quickly, and so I stayed with this company for four years.  I was completely miserable working behind a desk for eight hours a day.

I am no longer with that company, and have set out to launch my photography business: Karmic Images this May 2016.  I am excited and freaked out to be giving this a go.  I love photography.  I love food.  I love to travel and have adventures.  I love my boys and my family.

This blog is where I will keep my story of trying to live life to the fullest and not starve in the process of starting my business.  I hope you'll tag along for the ride!

Astraeus aka Baby Boy
Smokey aka Sweet Boy





Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
World War II Weekend
A-Day June 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment