Thursday, April 20, 2017

Dead Space

As we are getting ready to draw a close on April 2017, I find I have not posted any updates in quite some time!

There are reasons:  Some of it is that I started a new job, and have other pressing commitments.  However, some of it is laziness.  Hey, I try to be an honest person!  Laziness is my biggest flaw, flat out.  Trying to quash it from its existence in my life may be a bit too big of an ask.  But I'm doing my best to keep it at a minimum.

Currently, I am working as a senior portrait photographer for Lifetouch.  When I am scheduled to work, it's crazy hours where I have be out of the house early and don't return until late in the evening.  I really enjoy it though!  I get to travel to different high schools and colleges/universities and work with different people all the time.  Every day is an adventure.  Each student I photograph is different, and it makes my work continuously different.

John & I have also started a new enterprise!  You can find Resplendent Relics on Facebook and Etsy; and you can find Triple Moon Relics solely on Etsy.  They are both still a work in progress, but I am happy to report we had our first two sales this past week!

I have been wrapped up in music over the past several months.  AFI released The Blood Album, and Dreamcar has their debut self titled album available for pre-order with immediate digital access to three tracks!  311 album Mosaic has also been pre-ordered via Pledge Music.  And I recently found myself immersed in Biffy Clyro.  Over the winter months I was also getting myself back into singing!  Singing has always been one of my passions, and I dabbled here and there but never thought too seriously about it.  It didn't work out with the group, different people wanting different things.  But I intend to continue working on vocal technique and finding a good fit in a group who is looking to perform.

I have also been vacationing, recovering from injuries, and learning some new poi techniques/tricks as well over my extended absence here.  John & I are getting excited for the summer weather so we can go out and practice poi, slack line, and hopefully, hula.  Flow arts are a great total body exercise as well as being cathartic and meditative.

What have you been up to?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment